Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Handbag love

I love handbags. The people, who know me in real life, may express disbelieve at this statement as I own few and buy new ones very rarely. But I do. The problem is the ones I love are usually too expensive or too impractical or often both. I like unique bags that are outlandish, full of colour, texture, embroidery, images, stories. One day, when I learn all the skills I'm aiming to, I may be able to create few perfect ones for myself. For now I couldn't resist making this cute buttercup bag, even though it is too small to be really useful for me now - I need a bag that will hold at least a ball, a kids book, sunscreen and lunch for the Little Girl and myself.
New olive green bag
After I finished making it I stumbled on to a tutorial, which explains how to modify the original free pattern to include a zip - maybe I'll make another bigger one.

4 comments:

driftwood said...

it's lovely - I saw that tutorial too, and I like the suntop pattern she has as well.
as for practical, well, just take two bags.........

Tanya said...

I'm like you. I love handbags but would not pay the cost for them. Even trying to find an affordable but nice-looking nappy bag has been a huge task. And I know what it is like having to carry a ton of stuff everywhere you go now. :)

S* said...

How Lovely ! you are really such a talented crafter. I am glad you enjoyed your life drawing class. When are you going to move to Australia, or is that plan on the backburner?

UK lass in US said...

I've got that tutorial bookmarked, too. Was it easy? I love that fabric.