Monday, September 21, 2009

Lighter, cleaner, better

I think I discovered a cure for my bookoholism – painting a bookshelf was very time consuming and an oil-based paint gave me mild headaches and left me feeling slightly nauseous. But the pleasure of putting all our books up in the nice single rows somehow dulls the memory of the hours spent painting. The sight of the white bookshelf and the multi-colourfull & multi-sized books makes me smile. I am one of those people, who gets the desire to stroke the books when I pass by them.
Bookshelves
We are acting like the downstairs renovations are finished, but there are still few little things to get done, like painting the skirting behind the refrigerator and making curtains.
Kitchen
I’ve uploaded some photos of the ground floor prior to renovations to Flickr, in case you want to see the changes for yourself.

9 comments:

Rachael said...

The kitchen looks fantastic! I looked at the before, and that's quite a transformation! Well done.

Yeah So said...

Wow Beautiful. I love the clean lines.

Polina said...

Wow - can't believe it has been so quick with the renovations (or may be it just seems that way to me). All the space looks really nice - and bright :) Love the red bricks in the kitchen!

Ruth's Place said...

I have serious bookcase envy right now! Gorgeous renovations.

driftwood said...

looks fantastic, love that wall of books! xxx

Tanya said...

It looks great. :) I'm also loving the wall of books.

Cat said...

Very cool. I love the kitchen and I adore the bookshelves (being a librarian and avid book collector myself ;-))!!

catswire.blogspot.com

Annie said...

This is beautiful - just beautiful!

I'm so glad I popped in! For some weird reason you were not appearing any longer on my dashboard "reading list". I didn't mean to abandon ship! I was just tsk-tsking that you weren't writing any more!

Tina in CT said...

Your new kitchen and wall of bookshelves are gorgeous and I'm envious!