Saturday, February 6, 2010

Beloved

Fragile
I was recently taking a long bath, partially because I like to, but mostly because we no longer had any working showers in the house. And the realisation of my own uniqueness suddenly hit me. Let’s see how many Russian women, who lived in Australia and are now living in UK and are married to South African and love painting, drawing & crafting do you know? But this awareness of my exceptionality went beyond all these and other random attributes I may be able to list about myself. I used to say that we are all unique, but this was different. For the first time I marvelled at how beautiful, precious and special I am. Not because of how I look or what I do or don’t do, but just because I am. And how I feel about myself or my current place in life at any given point in time doesn’t change the fact of my uniqueness.

I’m afraid that by this point you are rolling your eyes in the amusement or the incredulity at my self-centeredness. But do you know what the logical conclusion of that realisation is? I can’t do anything, but believe that each one of you is unique in a very beautiful and precious way. And I hope that instead of raising an objection to my momentary ability to treasure you and myself, you can smile and celebrate yourself as you are at this moment in time.

5 comments:

Annie said...

You sweetie - you ARE unique! (It took me quite a bit of blog-reading to figure it all out!) And you are jewel-like in your preciousness....

Don't feel this about myself, certainly at the moment!

Rachael said...

Not rolling eyes at all. You are pretty cool, or as they say on etsy: OOAK. =)

driftwood said...

hurray for celebrating uniqueness xoxo

Polina said...

wow dude! that's like... deep man! :P It's cool though - you are indeed unique and special in your own way. I get those feelings some days, too. Here's to uniqueness *chink*!

Tanya said...

I'm a bit late posting. I did read this at the time and then saved it and have just come back across it now. I really enjoyed this post, except for the bit where you make being self-centred sound like a negative thing, which I don't think it is at all. It's good to rejoice in your own specialness and be proud of who you are, as well as spending time thinking and caring about yourself. I think it's great that you can. :)