Sunday, January 16, 2011

Parting

BanksiaWhen you part from your friend, you grieve not; For that which you love most in him may be clearer in his absence, as the mountain to the climber is clearer from the plain.
Kahlil Gibran "The Prophet"

--
Last year I made two new wonderful friends. They are interesting, fun, kind, creative, beautiful and inspirational women. Their friendship made me feel more positive about life in general and improved my confidence in myself that was shaken by some unpleasant interactions.

One of them, who is currently holidaying in Australia, sent me email this week to let me know that she got her dream job in Sydney. I'm so happy for her - not only she will be going home to her own country where she can raise her daughter surrounded by family, friends and warm, easy-going people; but she also going to do something that she loves.

However, it will be very hard to say yet another good bye.
Sailing Away(Photos are from last year's trip to Melbourne)

2 comments:

Ana Degenaar said...

I love that quote and wish you a happy and successful 2011! Sorry to hear you won't see your friend as much. I miss my friends deeply.
Happy Monday!
xx

Penelope said...

"Make new friends, but keep the old
One is silver and the other gold"

Love you babes!
I'm sure solitude is like steroids for your character.