Monday, August 29, 2011

Let's pretend

Let us pretend that today is Sunday, because with my husband working everyday I struggle to remember what day of the week it is. Last week on seeing our milkman my first thought was "But I canceled the Thursday delivery", followed by "Maybe it's Saturday. Can't be Saturday, feels more like Wednesday. However he doesn't deliver on Wednesday... Tuesday? Could it really be only Tuesday" It was Tuesday, tomorrow will be another and I need to remember to put the empty milk bottles out.
Milk

Getting the milk delivered was one of our better ideas to "simplify" our lives. We consume a lot of milk and one member of the family is particularly prone to meltdowns if there is no milk available in the morning to have with her breakfast cereal. This way we never run out, don't have to walk to the shops just to get a bottle of milk after we already did a lot of walking or to call my husband to pick one up on the way home from work. To tell you the truth the best part of it for me is that these glass milk bottles remind me of my childhood and I love opening them by squashing the foil top.

Anyway, back to the quote for the last week - it has to be this optimistic "I can overcome anything"-attitude song from the Russian cartoon, because I was singing it a lot in my head in the past few days.


Кручу педали, кручу

Кручу, кручу, кручу педали кручу
С горы, с горы, с горы как птица лечу,
Спешу, спешу, спешу, спешу налегке
На встречу радуге-дуге

Припев:
Пусть, пусть дорога вдаль бежит
Грусть пусть на сердце не лежит
Мне все на свете по плечу
И с песней этой качу по свету,
Качу качу куда хочу.

Терпи, терпи, терпи когда тяжело,
Скрипи, скрипи ты подо мною, седло.
Не смей, не смей, не смей на миг ослабеть
Умей себя преодолеть

Припев.

Лечу, лечу, лечу не знаю куда.
Хочу, хочу, чтоб это было всегда
Сильней, сильней, сильней лишь зубы сомкну,
Но я назад не поверну.

Припев.

3 comments:

driftwood said...

sorry your husband is having to work so many days, that must be hard for you...
I am in total confusion about what day it is all through the summer holidays.....

Annie said...

HOW I envy you that wonderful milk delivery!! I have often wondered why, when people are busier and busier, they don't have mllk delivery any more? We are "out" so often!

And glass bottles! The milk HAS to taste much better - and so much better for the environmnet. I love Diet Coke from a glass bottle; it is the best. And I won't even bother drinking it from plastic; yuck! Containers do make a difference.

Emma said...

Great blog! We've been getting our milk delivered by McQueens Dairies https://www.mcqueensdairies.co.uk/ and so far we're loving it!

We also have switched to Bamboo toothbrushes as well as shampoo bars. It's bee fantastic!