Saturday, August 13, 2011

More Yarn

Few days after I wrote about my attempts to use up the yarn that I already have in my stash I received a swap package from Stagasaurus and as usual among many goodies it contained some yarn - four balls of Patons UK Mirage DK cotton and bamboo blend.

Swap Package


Luckily for my stash-busting plans I knew exactly what to make out of it - few days earlier I started to knit a simple summer top for my daughter, but the pattern didn't work well with the yarn I was using and I was happy to re-cast.

WIP summer top

Stagasaurus was kind enough to include a book and a drawstring embroidered bag for my daughter.

Bag


Don't you think that it is beautiful? However, wait until you see the one she made for me.

Bag


The message on it made me want to hide away in my studio space and create something special.

Bag


This is the third "February" swap we did together and I'm very eager to do another one next year as I keep on smiling for days after receiving a package from this talented and creative woman.

Anyway, back to the yarn stash. Few more days passed and my father-in-law arrived with a ball of gorgeous hand-dyed sock yarn from Nurturing Fibres. Poor man! He got it on the recommendation of my sister-in-law and felt a bit embarrassed of giving me such an unworthy present as he struggled to wrap his mind around the fact that someone may love a small ball of wool, so I had to do a lot of knitting in front of him to help him understand that it was a perfect present as my thanks didn't seem to convey the message.
Sock Yarn by Nurturing Fibres

What should I make out of it? I'm tempted to knit Citron shawlette, but am worried that it will be a very small one as there are only 330 meters of yarn. Of course if it is too small I can always give it to my daughter, who loves orange shades and was asking for a shawl of her own for ages, but I would rather make something for myself. Any knitters out there, who have any recommendations?

2 comments:

Ruth's Place said...

I think Citron would work well.

You are going to love working with the Nurturing Fibres yarn. My stash has grown exponentially since discovering her studio...

Carle said...

hello!

I came across the blog post and wondered if you ever managed to get a pattern for the yarn. If you give me your email addy, I am happy to mail you a copy of my sunny days shawlette, it is a free pattern on ravelry this month, and I'm hosting a kal for it

happy knitting
Carle