Sunday, December 6, 2009

The cake for belated birthday celebrations

Birthday Cake
...but cakes have such a terrible habit of turning out bad just when you especially want them to be good. However, I suppose I shall just have to trust to Providence and be careful to put in the flour.
L. M. Montgomery "Anne of Green Gables"

--
The birthday girl requested a chocolate cake with multi-coloured sprinkles. At first I thought I'll make flourless chocolate cake, but the process of melting the chocolate bars sounded too laborious. Just for a moment I considered buying one. And eventually made Chocolate Zucchini Cake. I'm so glad that it turned out tasting delicious and very moist. The birthday girl helped to decorate it - leaving a toddler with a box of sprinkles without supervision isn't a very good idea.

4 comments:

driftwood said...

happy birthday little one xx

that looks like the perfect amount of sprinkles to me xx

Rachael said...

It looks VERY chocolaty and sprinkly. Just right!

Happy Birthday to Little Girl!

Polina said...

yey! congratulations! cake looks yummy :)

Anonymous said...

Looks yum! You should have left me a piece as a chocolate cake expert ;-)